WEBINAR JAN. 29 IN KERN, TULARE: MITIGATING DROUGHT ON PASTURE AND FEED
January 28, 2014
Webinar Jan. 29th, Mitigating Drought: Optimizing Pasture and Supplemental Feed and Managing Risk
UC ANR Cooperative Extension will present a joint webinar on Mitigating Drought: Optimizing Pasture and Supplemental Feed and Managing Risk
The webinar will be held on January 29th, from 9:00 – 3:30, simultaneously at the
Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center (VMTRC) in Tulare and the UC Cooperative Extension Office, Kern County. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Please pre-register online, but the $10/per person will be collected at the door.
This webinar is an extension of an informational drought meeting being held at the Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center.
Among the topics are:
- Rainfall and rangeland forage production
- Optimizing pasture
- Using and storing annual feed
- Alternatives to annual feed
- Roughage supplementation
- Optimizing irrigation and fertilization on irrigated pasture
- Grazing management
- Field demonstration of drought management tools and impacts
- Optimizing supplemental feed
- Economics of supplementation
Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center (VMTRC)
18830 Road 112
Tulare, CA 93274
UC Cooperative Extension Office, Kern County.
1031 S. Mt. Vernon Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93307