July 17th Sustainable Organic Production Seminar in Chico!
May 28, 2014
A seminar for growers and crop consultants focusing on the sustainable organic production of field crops, vegetables and orchards will be held on Thursday, July 17, 2014, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. The seminar is presented by NorCal Chapter California Association of Pest Control Advisers, California Association of Pest Control Advisers and Organic Fertilizer Association of California. The seminar is being underwritten by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, which is also hosting the event:
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co, The Big Room, 1075 20th Street, Chico, CA.
- Almond production
- Soil health
- Rice weed control
- Soil amendments
- Micronutrient use
The program includes a grower panel discussing:
- fertility and pest management
- organic production challenges
- exhibits by firms providing products acceptable for certified organic production.
CEUs are offered for:
- Certified Crop Advisers (6 hours)
- Licensed Pest Control Advisers 6 hours)
For more information, contact Steven Beckley, (916) 539-4107, email@example.com.