Safe Food Alliance on COVID-19
March 19, 2020
How Safe Food Alliance is Addressing COVID -19
SFC 2020 Has Been Canceled
As Safe Food Alliance grapple with these unprecedented circumstances, our team would like you to know that we are taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously.
The safety of our customers and consumers is our top priority, which is why it remains our primary focus to provide services to the greatest extent as practicable to ensure a safe food supply. We know you may have questions regarding next steps and we will do our best to help. To assist you during this difficult time, we have taken the following actions:
- COVID-19 Resource Page –Created an online page with links, articles, guides, videos, and news to provide you with straightforward answers and updates. This page will be updated daily with the latest information.
- Coronavirus Guidance for Food Facilities – An article written by Jon Kimble, Senior Food Safety Manager detailing steps a food processing facility should take under these circumstances.
- Safe Food California – Unfortunately, we have canceled SFC 2020. An email has been sent to all attendees regarding refunds options. In light of the cancellation, we will still host the HACCP Refresher and Internal Auditor conference courses virtually on Monday, March 30th and Tuesday, March 31st. There will be no charge for these courses for any attendees that registered for our “all-access” pass.
- Public Training – To stop the spread of the virus, all March and April training courses have been canceled. If you have registered for one of these courses, please reach out to our team to process your refund.
- Laboratory Services – At this time, our laboratories remain open for business. We are aware that the demand for food has gone up, and we will continue to do our part to ensure that the food you produce is safe.
We understand this is a fluid situation and assure you that our team is addressing the outbreak constantly. As we know more, we will remain vigilant in communicating that information to you, likely on a daily basis. We must now all work together to contain COVID-19 and keep everyone safe.