CDFA is now accepting comments on a draft Request for Grant Applications (RGA) for the Healthy Soils Block Grant Pilot Program and the State Water Efficiency and Enhancement Program (SWEEP) Block Grant Pilot. A month-long public comment period begins November 16, 2022 and ends on December 15, 2022.
Under the block grant pilot program, qualified organizations across the state may apply for state funding and then disburse funds to eligible farmers/ranchers or agricultural operations for on-farm projects. Additionally, awarded organizations would provide technical assistance to implement on-farm projects or will partner with technical assistance providers to provide this support.
The Healthy Soils Program and SWEEP will make available approximately $35 and $40 million, respectively, for block grant pilot programs.
Eligible entities may be awarded up to $5 million for each program. The following entities could be eligible for a block grant pilot:
• Resource Conservation Districts (RCDs)
• University of California (UC), California Community Colleges, or California State Universities (CSU)
• Federally- and California-Recognized Native American Indian Tribe
• Local or regional government agencies such as air pollution control districts.
• Non-profits including, but not limited to:
o Groundwater Sustainability Agencies
o Irrigation districts
o Land trusts
The draft RGAs and email addresses to submit written comments are available at the links below:
• Healthy Soils – Block Grant Pilot Program https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/oefi/healthysoils/
• State Water Efficiency and Enhancement Program – Block Grant Pilot www.cdfa.ca.gov/oefi/sweep
CDFA will hold a public workshop on November 29, 2022 at 2:30 pm PT to answer questions on the draft Request for Grant Applications.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.