Air Board ag exempt truck deadline of Jan. 31 , 2015
October 7, 2014
- Delay compliance for vehicles that operate less than specified mileage thresholds and for a limited number of specialized trucks.
- Apply to diesel trucks and buses with a manufacturer gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds, thus excluding pickups.
- Include agricultural vehicles such as trucks and buses owned by log harvest operations or farming businesses and certain trucks that are not farmer owned but are dedicated to supporting agricultural operations.
- Do not apply to truck tractors that enter ports or intermodal rail yards or transport marine cargo. These vehicles must comply with the Drayage Truck regulation.
- ARB regulations require diesel trucks and buses that operate in California to be upgraded to reduce emissions.
- Newer heavier trucks and buses had to meet PM filter requiremetns on January 1, 2012.
- Lighter and older heavier trucks must be replaced starting January 1, 2015.
The regulation applies to nearly all privately and federally owned diesel fueled trucks and buses and to privately and publicly owned school buses with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 14,000 pounds. The regulation provides a variety of flexibility options tailored to fleets operating low use vehicles, fleets operating in selected vocations like agricultural and construction, and small fleets of three or fewer trucks.
For other information about this regulation, other diesel engine regulations, or training programs, please contact an ARB diesel representative at 866-6DIESEL (866-634-3735) or visit the Truck Stop website. This regulation does not apply to drayage trucks that transport marine containers.