Farm Bureau Foundation of Sonoma County will award $66,500 in scholarships this year to deserving students studying agriculture or an agricultural-related field at a four year college, junior college or vocational school. The Farm Bureau Foundation’s mission is to encourage – and financially assist – young people for rewarding careers in agriculture or a closely related agricultural field including the farm-to-table culinary arts.
The scholarships are listed below.
Scholarships were awarded last year to 27 students chosen among more than 40 applications received from Sonoma and Marin Counties. All of the scholarship winners were top students, excelling in academic, leadership and community service achievements.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for all scholarship applicants. Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarships are only available to undergraduate students.
Scholarship applications are available online or by contacting Sonoma County Farm Bureau at (707) 544-5575 or visiting the office at 970 Piner Road, Santa Rosa.
Applications must be typed, printed, signed and delivered or postmarked with other required documents by the deadline of 5 p.m. April 11, 2014.
Download: 2014 Scholarship Application.pdf
List of 2014 Scholarships
- Bob & Leslie Kunde Memorial Scholarship $10,000
- Jess Stonestreet Jackson Memorial Scholarship $ 10,000
- Saralee McClelland Kunde Farm-to-Table Culinary Scholarship $ 5,000
- John Jordan Foundation Scholarship – $ 2,500
- Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards Scholarship $ 2,500
- Tamara Lewis Benson Memorial Scholarship $ 2,500
- American AgCredit Scholarship $ 3,000
- End-of-the-Road Gang $ 2,000
- Charles Bacigalupi – Russian River Valley Winegrowers Scholarship $ 1,000
- Mark Furusho Memorial Scholarship $ 1,000
- Royal Petroleum “Flying A” Scholarship $ 2,000
- Sonoma County Vineyard Technical Group $2,000
- Sonoma County Vineyard Technical Group $1,000
- Al Nissen Sunrise Farm Scholarship $ 1,000 x3
- Roy King Dairymens Feed Scholarship $ 1,000 x3
- Art Weyers Memorial Scholarship $ 1,000
- Chris Maloney Crop Insurance Scholarship $ 1,000
- Clover – Stornetta Farms Scholarship $ 1,000
- Dick Weber Sunrise Farms Scholarships $ 1,000 x3
- Friedman’s Home Improvement Scholarship $1,000
- Herbert Burbank Jr. Memorial Scholarship $ 1,000
- Holtz Family Scholarship $ 1,000
- Isolena Maestretti and Bernice Beretta Memorial Scholarship $ 1,000
- Jerry and Don’s Yaeger Pump & Well Scholarship $ 1,000
- Keith Michael Phillips Memorial Scholarship $ 1,000
- Lee Dolcini Dairymens Feed Scholarship $1,000
- Art Lafranchi Memorial Scholarship $1,000
- North Bay Petroleum Scholarship $1,000
- Pete and Judy Barbieri Scholarship in memory of Italo Barbieri $1,000
- Sonoma Marin Cattlewomen & Cattlemen Mona Chisholm Memorial Scholarship $ 1,000
- Supervisor Efren Carrillo Scholarship $ 1,000
- Marin County Farm Bureau Scholarship $ 500
- North Coast/California Association of Pest Control Advisors $ 500