Groups Launch Exploratory Effort to Solicit and Analyze Proposals
Recently, the United Dairy Families of California, California Dairies, Inc., Land O’Lakes, Inc., Dairy Farmers of America, and the STOP QIP organization announced a multi-phase process aimed at soliciting and analyzing industry input on California’s historic quota program.
Included in this process is a series of meetings, starting later this month, open to all dairy producers and interested parties. These meetings are intended to solicit various pathways for the state’s quota program.
1) This multi-phase process includes three key parts: The Think Tank, Producer Feedback, and Analysis.
2) The Think Tank phase is for information-gathering from various segments of the dairy industry. This will include the meetings identified below, where producers will be able to voice their opinion and contribute ideas or concepts.
3) The Producer Feedback phase will allow producers to comment and challenge the ideas developed in the Think Tank phase.
In the Analysis phase, dominant ideas from the Producer Feedback phase will be analyzed for economic impacts, and legal pathways to adoption will be determined.
This process will be implemented with the assistance of dairy industry economist Dr. Marin Bozic and dairy market analyst Matt Gould. Dr. Bozic and Mr. Gould will be conducting an economic analysis of the proposed ideas.
The first series of meetings associated with the Think Tank phase are as follows:
● Tuesday, July 30 – 2 pm to 4 pm – Embassy Suites, Ontario
● Wednesday, July 31 – 9 am to 11 am – Heritage Complex, Tulare
● Wednesday, July 31 – 2 pm to 4 pm – Turlock Ballroom
● Thursday, August 1 – 9 am to 11 am – Washoe House, Petaluma
Meeting space is limited. All participants are strongly encouraged to register at