REGULATED SHIPMENTS OF ACP-QUARANTINED MANDARINS PERMITTED
January 22, 2014
CDFA Issues Permit for Movement of Selected Mandarins with Stems and/or Leaves Attached
CDFA’s Plant Health and Pest Prevention Services (PHPPS) TODAY notified all county agricultural commissioners of a newly issued PEST EXCLUSION ADVISORY Permit regarding movement of mandarin fruit with stems and/or leaves attached produced inside an ACP quarantine area for shipment into and within a noncontiguous ACP quarantine area.
- Mandarin fruit with attached stems and/or leaves produced within an ACP -regulated area may now be shipped to a noncontiguous ACP regulated area.
- Mandarins with attached stems and/or leaves produced/originated from an area regulated for Citrus Greening (CG) are NOT eligible for this program.
- Eligible mandarins with attached stems and/or leaves produced within ACP regulated areas shall NOT be processed and/or packaged in an area regulated for CG.
- Eligible mandarins with attached stems and/or leaves produced within ACP regulated areas shall not be shipped intrastate to areas of the state that are not regulated for ACP.
- Eligible mandarins with attached stems and/or leaves produced within ACP regulated areas shall NOT be shipped interstate.
Among the Permit requirements for all agricultural entities that handle the crop are to:
- Have a signed Compliance Agreement with the ACP Project/Agricultural Commissioner
- Comply with on-site inspections
- Use standard packinghouse procedures including washing, brushing, and disinfecting delivered mandarins
- Seal shipments from time of loading to unloading
- Isolate mandarins from fruit that has not been properly handled
- Dispose of stems and leaves properly
- Break the shipment seal at destination by a state regulatory official or as required by the permit
If there are any questions concerning this advisory, contact Vince Arellano at (916) 654- 0312.
For more information, visit: http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/acp